encompassing Isfield, Rose Hill and Buckham Hill
Situated midway between Lewes, the historic County Town of East Sussex, and Uckfield, and located just outside the South Downs National Park, the Parish of Isfield is primarily a residential/farming community.
More information about the Parish and its history can be found at About the Parish.
Isfield Diary 2021
The new national restrictions
- You must only leave your house for a few specific reasons (to exercise, shop for food, get essential medical help, if you absolutely cannot work at home or if your safety is threatened).
- Schools in East Sussex are closed and move teaching online until at least February half-term (although some are open for children who are vulnerable or whose parents/carers are key workers. Nurseries can also remain open).
- Shielding guidance is now in place for clinically extremely vulnerable (CEV) people across the country. Those in the CEV group should not attend work, school, college or university, and limit the time they spend outside the home. They should only go out for medical appointments, exercise or if it is essential.
- People in the CEV group can once again register on NSSS for priority supermarket deliveries, and request free pharmacy deliveries, whilst shielding guidance is in place.
- East Sussex County Council will again be contacting CEV people in Wealden and throughout East Sussex by phone, letter and email during the new national lockdown to ensure they have the support they need. They aim to have contacted all identified CEV residents we have details for within the next few weeks.
- The COVID-19 vaccine rollout is underway. Vaccinations have started at GP-led vaccination services in the county and hospital hubs, and further services will be going live over the coming weeks. Priority is being given to the most vulnerable members of our communities, those in care homes, people over the age of 80 and those working in health and social care. The roll out will then continue to the rest of the population in order of age and risk. You don't need to do anything; the NHS will contact you when it's your turn for the vaccine.
- The latest information on the vaccination programme in Sussex is available on the Sussex Health and Care Partnership website, https://www.sussexhealthandcare.uk/keepsussexsafe/sussex-covid-19-vaccination-programme/ including an FAQ, public leaflets and a list of vaccination sites.
- WDC's community Hub supported a few customers over the Christmas period, primarily enquiring about food delivery slots, all of which were responded to swiftly and provided the information they needed.
- Lastly, our colleagues at NHS Volunteer Responders have asked to reach out to all our colleagues to emphasise the need for more volunteers. The scheme remains open to registration for volunteers in Eastbourne Hastings, Rother, and Wealden.